Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Let ME manage the team, or else I'm off! Redknapp gives strong warning to QPR owners, and threatens to leave if things don't go his way at Loftus Road

Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp has put out a strong warning to the club's owners, making them aware that interference with his job will force him out of the door.
The 66-year-old insists there will be good times ahead if the owners let him get on with his job at Loftus Road, and warned if he doesn't get 'what he wants', he will leave the club.
Redknapp, who joined in November but failed to keep QPR in the Premier League, also said that if he doesn't get his choice of suitable players through the door, the club 'won't have a chance'.

Redknapp told Sky Sports News: ‘I’m happy there. The owners, the board are nice people to work for.
'If they let me manage the club and choose the players I want and don’t interfere then they’ll have a chance, if they don’t then it’ll be difficult.
‘If we don’t change it and I don’t get the players in I want then we won’t have a chance. You can’t let other people have any say at all. 
'I’m a football person, I’ve got the staff around me who are football people, we have to make the decisions.
'If we make the right ones well have a chance. If others want to make decisions we’ve got no chance.
‘If I don’t get that I wouldn’t stick around. I’ve got to speak to Tony Fernandes and they’ve got to back me with who I want.'
Redknapp must keep the majority of his highly-paid first team squad happy, but is looking to bring some talent and experience to the club too, with Wayne Bridge on his hit list.
Owner Fernandes has typically been supportive in the transfer market, but the degree to which the manager has been involved in these dealings is debatable.
'I’m not after loads of money I’m looking at a couple of free transfers. Trying to get Wayne Bridge in.
'Thought he did fantastic at Brighton last year, he’d be a good left back for us, to come in, great experience, looks in great shape. He’s a player I really want to bring in on a free. So I’m hoping that’s the first deal I can do.
'Tony’ s away but I’ll try speak to him today and see if we can push on and get the deal done.’

No comments:

Post a Comment