Wednesday, June 5, 2013

City close in on £22m Fernandinho as Brazilian arrives for Manchester medical

Brazil midfielder Fernandinho has arrived in the North West for a medical after Shakhtar Donetsk accepted an offer of £22million from Manchester City.
The 28-year-old, who wanted a move to the Barclays Premier League to boost his hopes of making Brazil’s 2014 World Cup squad, was pictured at Manchester's Bridgewater Hospital.
Fernandinho had feared his Premier League dream was being threatened by Shakhtar’s attempt to squeeze as much out of the super-rich English club.

They all wish me to move on,' he said. 
'They know that the Premier League is a great championship and that Manchester City is a great club, therefore they all wish me to play there, and to participate in the division.
‘I believe my chances of making the World Cup squad will improve if I join City. My exposure would be better, because Brazil is biased against the Ukrainian league. What we do here is not recognised in my country.
‘Therefore, playing in a division, at a club that is considered among the best in the world, and if I keep performing well, that would help me to be to be taken back to the Brazilian national team.’

No comments:

Post a Comment