Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I'm staying at Barcelona unless they tell me otherwise, claims United target Fabregas

Cesc Fabregas wants to overcome the boo-boys and fight for his place at the Nou Camp despite Manchester United upping the ante in their bid  to sign the former Arsenal captain. 
The Catalonia native has not enjoyed the happiest of times since his move from North London in 2011, struggling to hold down a regular place in the starting line-up and occasionally being booed by sections of the crowd. 
Sportsmail understands Fabregas has expressed an interest in joining the Barclays Premier League champions and United feel they can do the deal.
But the 26-year-old has today publicly re-iterated his desire to remain with his boyhood club. 
'It has taken a lot for me to get where I am, and I am not thinking about throwing it all away for nothing,' he told radio station Onda Cero. 
'If Barcelona said that they didn't want me, that would be another thing - but what I truly want is to triumph at Barcelona. That's been my dream since I was a kid. 
'The way in which some people always invent things is fascinating.'
The Spain international also insisted he can cope with any flak that may come his way from the stands, adding: 'If people boo me then I will have to cope with that.'
Fabregas’s former club Arsenal have first refusal on the 26-year-old if he leaves the Nou Camp this summer but United are understandably confident that Old Trafford may prove more attractive to a player who spent eight years with the London club before moving back to Spain two summers ago.
United remain hopeful of luring Robert Lewandowski to England after his hopes of a switch to new European champions Bayern Munich were dashed this week.
United have been tracking the Polish star for months and believe he could provide genuine competition for Robin van Persie, who will be 30 shortly before the start of the club’s title defence begins in August.
His arrival would also increase the pressure on Wayne Rooney, who asked to leave Old Trafford towards the end of last season.

No comments:

Post a Comment